What is Hybrid Mode?
As you might have noticed there is a new Settings check Option with the Reveal X 2.0. This is called Hybrid Mode.
How does it work?
- Hybrid mode is a cross between the daily and instant settings check
- When you receive a picture on your app, that camera will stay connected to the server for 5 minutes.
- After the 5 minutes, the camera will stop pinging the cell tower constantly until either activity restarts the 5 minutes OR the normal check-in time occurs
What does this mean?
- You have the advantage of having instant settings changes and video requests when it is triggered by activity for 5 minutes without consuming as much battery power or cell data
- Faster photo delivery
- With the camera connected to the server during the 5 minutes, it allows for quicker transmission of photos
- Faster HD Video and Photo Transmission
- If you request an HD photo or video within 5 minutes of getting a photo, the picture/video will show up within the 5 minutes
- Quicker Settings Change
- Change the settings after you receive a photo, hit apply and they will take effect before the 5 minutes is up.