Thank you for inquiring about the recent firmware update for Gen 1 Reveal cameras. We understand this can cause inconveniences for you and we do our best to keep firmware updates to a minimum, so we only release them when absolutely necessary.
As of 8/12/2021 the B506 firmware version is available to all Gen 1 Reveal cameras. This firmware supports HD download on Gen 1 Reveals and will ensure your cameras continue to work flawlessly on our network as they are intended to. After 9/12/2021 we cannot guarantee how long cameras running on old firmware versions will continue to send photos.
Currently, Tactacam is covering the reflash fee for cameras that no longer connect to our network, or need to be reflashed due to update failure. Starting soon, if your camera is out of warranty and you have not installed the firmware update, you will be responsible for the shipping and reflash fees to resume camera use when it stops sending photos. We strongly suggest you update your camera firmware as soon as possible to avoid losing valuable time with your camera and paying these fees. All Gen 1 Reveal cameras are required to be updated with either AB04 or B506 firmware versions; if they continue to run old firmware, they will eventually stop sending pictures and require reflash.
If you are currently running the AB04 software version which has been available since October, 2020 this is still considered current, and does not require updating, however you will not have the option for HD download.
Here is how to check your cameras firmware version on your Gen 1 Reveal Camera:
- (Push and HOLD the right arrow for 10 sec.)
- You will see the software version show up Ver: R1.0 3MR3RCwB506 or 3MR3RCwAB04
- If older (A601, A701, A801) then you need to update your Reveal camera.
Here is how to check your cameras firmware version in the app:
1. In your app, click the Camera icon at the bottom
2. Select the picture icon below the camera name
3. Click the 3 green dots in the upper right corner
4. Click "Support"
5. Under Firmware Version:
- If it says n/a you need to update your camera.
- If it says 3MR3RCwAB04 you do not need to update your camera (you will not receive HD images, but your camera will remain compatible with our network)