This update is for Reveal Cell Cameras. Updates to Ver: 3MR3RCwAB04
Enhancements included in this update:
- SD write speed.
- Battery management protection.
- PIR detection.
- Cold weather performance.
How do you know if you need to update your Reveal camera?
The best way is to check your camera's software version.
You can do this on the camera by going to...
Setup > Menu > Other > About > (Push and HOLD the right arrow for 10 sec.)
When on the ABOUT page (Push and HOLD the right arrow for 10 sec.) you will see the software version show up Ver: 3MR3RCwAB04 if older then you should update your Reveal camera. Please see the update instructions below.
REVEAL camera update instructions to Ver: 3MR3RCwAB04
1. Download the SPHOST.BRN and SPHOST.CFG files and place them on an SD card compatible with your REVEAL camera. DO NOT put the files in a folder.
File DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dicn0jly06kw62r/AADKmYtyRRPkpYB1JTcDDSEha?dl=0
2. Make sure the file names (SPHOST.BRN and SPHOST.CFG) have not changed. The Files will not open with any application, they can only be read by the Reveal camera.
3. Put the SD card with the (SPHOST.BRN and SPHOST.CFG) files in the REVEAL camera. Make sure you have a good set of batteries in the camera and don’t let the batteries fall out of the camera when doing the update.
4. When you start the update DO NOT power off your camera. The update can take 5 min… when the update is finished your Reveal camera will power off and then restart.
5. Let's start the Update. (Tip you should always do camera updates with NEW batteries to make sure you have a good power source during the update)
a. Make sure the camera is in the OFF position and your update files SPHOST.BRN and SPHOST.CFG are on the SD card in the camera.
b. Push and hold the UP ARROW and switch the camera to setup… don’t release the up arrow until you see the camera screen display updating.
c. VERY IMPORTANT - Don’t touch the camera until it powers off and then turns back on.
d. Power off the camera and replace the SD card. The SD card you used for updating the Reveal can be used to update the rest of your cameras.
e. Test the updated Reveal before leaving by going to setup mode. Push the Ok button to send a test photo. After it says send success turn your camera to on and close the door.
Troubleshooting - if your camera doesn't update please confirm the file names have not changed. (SPHOST.BRN and SPHOST.CFG)