We at Tactacam and REVEAL are excited to introduce our Dual-Carrier and Multi-Carrier SIM cards, which combine ATT and Verizon networks in a single SIM card. This innovation allows you to enjoy enhanced flexibility with your camera.
On your REVEAL X-PRO Model please follow these steps (for other models, see below):
To ensure a smooth initial setup, please follow these instructions:
If you prefer using AT&T as your network provider right out of the box, please select ATT in the app. Additionally, remember to change the network setting on your camera to ATT.
- On the camera, navigate to the X-Pro menu.
- Under the QR section, select "Network Selection."
- Choose AT&T from the available options.
- After selecting the network, your camera will restart.
In case you miss the network selection step in the app, you can perform the switch directly on the camera by following the steps above.
Swapping Network Providers on your X-Pro:
If you wish to switch from Verizon to AT&T or vice versa after the camera is already linked to your account, please use the "REPLACE camera" option in the app. During the setup process, select either AT&T or Verizon and then ensure that the network selection on your camera matches your choice in the app. This change can take a few minutes.
On the REVEAL XB, SK, or X2.0 Models:
This process is a little different than that of the X-Pros since these models do not have an LCD screen. When you initially scan your REVEAL XB, SK, or 2.0 to your account the app will walk you through the prompts to select the correct SIM.
1. Select 'Add A Camera'
2. Select the plan you wish to have and the model of the camera
3. Follow the prompts, allow access to the camera of your phone, and then scan the QR code on the camera
4. Next, follow the prompts and insert your SIM card
5. Enable WiFi and Location Services
6. Connect to WiFi
7. Select Continue to choose Verizon or Select Choose Other Network to switch to AT&T and then select continue
8. Next, you can give your camera a name and location and you are all set!
Important: If you can NOT connect to the REVEAL WiFi while setting up your camera you will have a red banner at the top of your app that says Network Error please follow the steps below:
- Select Activate without WiFi
Select the Network Provider you wish to use (AT&T or Verizon) by holding down the TEST button for 20 seconds.
To identify which carrier you chose:
- If AT&T, the 2nd bar on your signal light will flash.
- If Verizon, the 3rd bar on the signal light will flash.
- To identify which carrier you chose:
- Now you may proceed or switch networks again by holding down the TEST button for 20 seconds
- Then in the app, select the AT&T or Verizon button for the carrier you chose, follow the prompts and you are set!
Swapping Network Providers for XB, SK, or X2.0:
If you wish to switch from Verizon to AT&T or vice versa after the camera is already linked to your account, please use the "REPLACE camera" option in the app and follow the steps above. During the setup process, select either AT&T or Verizon and then ensure that the network selection on your camera matches your choice in the app by determining which signal light is flashing. The 2nd signal light indicates AT&T and the 3rd signal light lit up indicates the Verizon carrier is selected. Keep in mind, that these changes can take a few minutes.
If you encounter any issues, such as a lack of signal, unchanged settings, or difficulties receiving HD media on the app, please verify that the SIM card inserted in the camera matches the IMEI/ICCID when connected to the camera's WiFi.
Thank you for choosing Tactacam and REVEAL! We hope this new feature enhances your camera experience. If you have any further questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our customer support.