Due to popular demand, we are happy to share a totally OPTIONAL firmware upgrade for Reveal X (2021) models! This upgrade is NOT REQUIRED for your camera to continue working.
This firmware update provides additional capabilities for your Reveal X (2021) model camera.
Please note that this firmware update is not compatible with or required for any other Reveal camera models including Reveal X Gen 2.0, Reveal X Pro, Reveal XB, or Reveal SK models.
If you would like to purchase an SD card with the firmware pre-loaded, please contact support.
What enhancements are included in the firmware update?
- Request high-definition (HD) videos directly from your Reveal app
- Please understand that video length will be cut to a max of 15 seconds in order to be properly sent out over the network once the firmware is updated.
- Improved picture quality sent from the camera to your Reveal app
Before you get started, ensure you have:
- Reveal X (2021) camera
- Formatted, full-size 32GB Class 10 SD card
- At least 4 bars of battery strength showing on the camera
- A computer (PC or Mac) with an SD card slot or adapter
Step One: Connect to Wifi
- Tap the Account Button in the lower right hand corner
- Hit Connect to Reveal Wifi
- Put Camera in Setup and hit Next Step
- Hit Next Step to Turn on Wifi
- Hit Next Step to Enable Location Services
- Hit Join when asked to connect to the camera
- Note: This firmware update is only for Reveal X (2021) models
Step Two: Determine the Firmware you need for your camera while connected to Wifi
- Once connected to the Wifi look at your current firmware
- If it starts with a "4", you will need Firmware Update 4
- If it starts with a "5", you will need Firmware Update 5
Step Three: Download ALL files to your computer.
- Click the link below to download the Reveal X Firmware update files
- Firmware Update 4
- Firmware Update 5
Step Four: Format your SD card
Once you have downloaded the correct firmware for your camera, insert your SD card in your computer and format it to erase all other files.
To format your SD card, please follow the instructions in the links below.
Step Five: Load ALL of the files onto a formatted SD card
- In your file explorer (PC) or finder (Mac), locate the downloaded firmware folder
- Open the downloaded firmware folder
- Drag/Copy the files over to your SD Card drive
- Make sure the files are not in a folder on the SD Card
- Safely eject SD card from computer
Step Six: Update your camera
- Turn camera to SETUP to verify full battery strength, then turn camera OFF
- WARNING: Fewer than 4 battery bars during a firmware update can risk losing power during the update process. If you lose power in the midst of the upgrade process, your camera may be rendered completely inoperable and only a certified Reveal camera technician in our repair facility will be able to recover your camera. Make sure you have good batteries!
- If there is an SD card installed in your camera, remove it and replace it with the SD card containing the new firmware.
- With the camera in the OFF position, press and hold the TEST button while switching the camera to SETUP at the same time, keep holding TEST button until the status light starts flashing green
- Once status light is flashing green, release the TEST button and allow camera to update
- DO NOT turn the camera OFF while update is in process
- The status light will flash green for up to several minutes, and then the camera will power cycle. Once the camera reboots, and all indicator lights stabilize, the update is complete.
What happens if I see a Red Flashing Status Light?
This means that the Firmware Update is not taking place. Here are a couple things to check
- Wrong Firmware loaded onto the SD card
- Make sure you have the correct firmware for your camera and no extra letters or numbers have been added to the file names
- Firmware isn't on the SD card
- Try adding them to the SD card again or try a different SD card.
- Firmware is in a folder on the SD card
- Only the files can be on the SD card
- Hitting the test button more than once
- If you hit the test button instead of holding it down while going into setup, it will take a photo instead of starting the update.
How do I verify that the new firmware is installed and active?
- NOTE: this is NOT a required step in the update process, but here for your convenience
- To verify the firmware update was completed successfully, connect to the wifi as you previous did in step 2 and verify that the firmware is listed correctly
- Firmware 4 listed as: 4MR5RCwCA01
- Firmware 5 listed as: 5MR5RCwCA01
Article is closed for comments.